It’s that time of year again! The holidays are just around the corner and that means it’s time to start thinking about what Christmas movies to watch with the whole family. Whether you’re looking for a classic flick or something a little more modern, there’s something out there for everyone. Here’s a list of some of the best Christmas movies to watch with the family this holiday season.
- Home Alone – This classic Christmas movie is sure to bring out the kid in everyone. Starring Macaulay Culkin as the precocious Kevin McCallister, Home Alone follows Kevin’s hijinks as he fends off pesky burglars with an array of homemade traps and gadgets. This movie is perfect for sparking the imagination and providing lots of laughs.
- A Christmas Story – This popular classic follows the misadventures of Ralphie Parker as he tries to get his hands on the perfect Christmas present – a Red Ryder BB gun. With loads of laughs, plenty of family drama, and an unforgettable pink bunny costume, this is one movie that will stick with you long after the credits roll.
- The Santa Clause – When Scott Calvin accidentally becomes Santa, he must quickly get up to speed on the duties of Saint Nick. With plenty of laughs and a good dose of holiday spirit, The Santa Clause is sure to bring warmth to any family gathering.
- Elf – When Buddy the Elf finds out he’s not actually an elf, he embarks on a journey to New York City to find his real father. Along the way, he learns some important lessons about friendship, family, and the true meaning of Christmas. Perfect for the whole family, Elf is sure to bring out the kid in all of us.
- Miracle on 34th Street – In this classic tale, a department store Santa named Kris Kringle claims he’s the real Santa Claus. With plenty of charm, a little bit of magic, and a whole lot of holiday spirit, Miracle on 34th Street is the perfect movie to curl up on the couch and watch together.
No matter what you’re in the mood for, there’s a Christmas movie out there that’s perfect for the whole family. From classic favorites to modern-day classics, these movies are sure to bring some cheer to your holiday season. So grab the popcorn, snuggle up on the couch, and get ready for a merry movie marathon.