The holiday season is upon us and it’s time to start thinking of creative ways to celebrate Christmas this year. With the pandemic, there are some unique challenges that may come up in celebrating the holidays. Here are 10 creative ways to celebrate Christmas and still make it a special and memorable holiday season.
- Have a Christmas Movie Marathon. Gather around the TV and watch some of your favorite Christmas movies. Make it even more fun by having a themed movie night. You could have a “jingle bell” movie night and watch all the Christmas classics like Miracle on 34th Street, White Christmas, and A Christmas Story.
- Decorate the House. Get everyone in the house involved in the decorating. Have a contest to see who can come up with the best decorations. Don’t forget to put up the Christmas tree, lights, and stockings.
- Have a Christmas Bake-Off. Get everyone in the house to bake their favorite Christmas treats. Have a competition to see who can make the most delicious Christmas treats.
- Host a Virtual Christmas Party. Invite your family and friends to join you virtually for a Christmas party. Have everyone bring their favorite Christmas dish and drinks, and have an online gift exchange.
- Have a Christmas Crafts Day. Get creative in the kitchen and make some homemade Christmas decorations. You can make ornaments, garlands, and gingerbread houses.
- Have a Christmas Lights Tour. Take a drive around town and look at the beautiful Christmas lights. You can also take a drive around your neighborhood and admire all the decorations.
- Take a Trip to the Christmas Tree Farm. Get a fresh-cut Christmas tree and enjoy the family outing. You can also take pictures and make some memories.
- Make a Christmas Wreath. Gather some materials from your backyard or a craft store and make a beautiful Christmas wreath. You can hang it on the door or even give it as a gift.
- Have a Christmas Scavenger Hunt. Hide presents around the house and have a scavenger hunt. You can also have clues that lead to the presents.
- Have a Christmas Music Jam. Gather everyone around and have a Christmas music jam session. You can also sing your favorite Christmas carols.
No matter how you choose to celebrate Christmas this year, make sure to make it special and memorable. Have fun, be creative, and make the most out of the holiday season.